The Academy of International Extended Reality (AIXR) has announced its 6th International VR Awards winners following the first in-person ceremony since 2019. Ceremony host and Comedian Pep Rosenfeld announced the winners live at de Doelen last Thursday night. The ceremony gathered hundreds of attendees, guests, award finalists, and press representatives inside the grand Jurriaanse Zaal theatre.
- Celebrating the best VR (Virtual Reality) in 2022 with Vertigo Games, Pico, Sensorium, Accenture, Andromeda Entertainment, and Boom Chicago.
- VR Game of the Year was awarded to Moss: Book II, Pico took home VR Hardware of the Year, and Immerse won Innovative VR Company and VR Education and Training of the Year.
- Pep Rosenfeld took VR Award audiences through a spectacular ceremony live on stage at Rotterdam’s de Doelen, and Ashley “ashleyriott” Blake led the pre-show panel Livestream and delved into the minds of the very best in the immersive business.
- This is Rotterdam’s first VR Awards live ceremony, supported by Immersive Tech Week.
- Click here to view the complete list of VR Awards winners 2022.
VR Awards 2022
The evening opened with the VR Awards red carpet walk, where VR Awards finalists and special guests graced the luxurious red carpet for the cameras and press and were met with an elegant drinks reception courtesy of Sensorium in the Grote Zaal Foyer LHS bar. All 270 guests were welcomed into the luxury 3-course dinner in the Grote Zaal Foyer and then ushered into the grand VR Awards Ceremony for the main show.
All guests and the thousands of viewers from home watched as the evening evolved into a spectacular celebration of all things VR, including a phenomenal acrobatic performance by Andromeda’s very own CEO, John McClellan, and partner Bri Basco, who immersed the audience into their beautiful display of human strength and connectivity in immersive environments.
The 6th International VR Awards saw 14 awards handed out to the best of the VR industry, including the VR pioneer Dr. Jacquelyn Ford Morie, who was recognized with Accenture’s VR Lifetime Achievement award.
POLYARC Games and their action-adventure VR game Moss: Book II was crowned VR Game of the Year. Despite being unable to make the ceremony, Content Creators, Cas and Chary represented the studio, along with a special appearance from Quill herself to accept the prestigious award.
Pico astounded the Academy Jury with their Pico Neo3 Link and brought home VR Hardware of the Year; judges noted the award-winning headset as a high-caliber hardware in the consumer realm.
The MetaMovie Presents: Alien Rescue winning VR Experience of the Year was a resounding fan favorite. Crowds and online audiences hailed the unique format and immersive story-telling experience as 2022’s best.
Receive Metaverse Information & Related Topics
Other notable VR Awards winners include:
- Osso VR was again recognized as VR Healthcare of the Year for its cutting-edge surgical training platform.
- Habie147, for the first time, was crowned as VR Content Creator of the Year, taking the mantle from ThrillSeeker, who has won the title 2 years in a row. The Content Creator accepted the award virtually.
- Immerse wins double with Innovative VR Company of the Year and VR Education and Training of the Year for their Leading Education Metaverse Platform.
- Upstream, Yazda, and Surround Vision took home VR Social Impact of the Year for their project: Nobody’s Listening.
Daniel Colaianni, AIXR, Chief Executive, commented: “It has been an absolute pleasure to bring the 6th International VR Awards back in person once again, and for the first time in history, we’ve taken the awards to Rotterdam, Netherlands. Since 2017 and the fruition of the 1st International VR Awards, we have seen a lot of changes within the industry, both big and small, and I am pleased to see how far we’ve come with the VR Awards and as an industry as a whole. I want to thank our Academy members who play a fundamental role in helping AIXR make events like these happen all year round.”
To recognize the success of VR pioneers, innovators, and creators alike is the Academy’s first and foremost priority, to elevate the incredible work from within the industry and pave the way for breakthroughs for many decades. With the industry continuing to grow and evolve, the awards will help promote and support the continued development of the immersive world.
The VR Awards Winners per Category:
The complete list of 2022 VR Awards winners is detailed below:
VR Award Film of the Year:
Baobab Studios – Namoo
VR Award Content Creator of the Year:
VR Award Hardware of the Year:
Pico – Pico Neo3 Link
VR Award Game of the Year:
POLYARC GAMES – Moss: Book II
VR Award Experience of the Year:
The MetaMovie – Alien Rescue
VR Award Marketing Campaign of the Year:
NEKONATA XR TECHNOLOGIES GMBH – XQ Avatar for Porsche
VR Award for Rising VR Company of the Year:
VR Award for Innovative VR Company of the Year:
VR Award for VR Education and Training of the Year:
Immerse – The Leading Education Metaverse Platform
VR Award for VR Healthcare of the Year:
Osso – Osso VR: Virtual Reality Training for Surgical Teams
VR Award for VR Location-based Entertainment of the Year:
Emissive / Orange – Eternal Notre Dame
VR Award for VR Social Impact Award:
Upstream / Yazda / Surround Vision – Nobody’s Listening
VR Award for VR Enterprise Solution of the Year:
SEAT S.A. (SEAT & CUPRA) – Immersive Design Check (IMDCH)
Accenture VR Lifetime Achievement Award:
Dr. Jacquelyn Ford Morie, Founder and Chief Scientist of All These Worlds, LLC.
Finalists VR Awards
Watch the (Live Stream) Video of the Latest VR Awards
In the article “Watch the International VR Awards Via Livestream”, you can rewatch the latest VR Awards.